Monday, June 15, 2020

Starting to Move In

Maybe it looks like a bare room, but look at that piano!  That has been wrapped up in an old quilt, then plastic in the basement for the last nine months.  Three men came on Friday, rolled it from the basement up the hill to the front door.  The soil had been dug up for the septic tank, so they used plywood sheets under the dolly to keep it from sinking. 

David spent another two hours cleaning up the piano, which still had collected construction dust.  Now we need to get a technician into check it out and tuning it. 

I also put our new rag rug in the bedroom hallway.  We first saw Claudia Mills' rugs at Chautauqua last summer, and I fell in love with her colors and her different patterns.  I told her about my Grandmother Destiny who made rag rugs, several which I still use.  Destiny would have loved having those colors available!

So when she came to a craft show in Baltimore, back in February before everything changed, we went up to see them again.  Obviously I bought this one.  I am tempted to buy more rugs, or to get a custom sized one for my office.  But money is still tight buying essential things for the house. 

We have approved the final payment to our contractor.  There are several small punch list items before we give him a final check for the last change order.  We need to schedule moving the furniture back from the storage bin. Hopefully this week?

1 comment:

Anita Shepherd said...

Happy for you guys. It's been a long haul but worth it, I'm sure.