Thursday, October 14, 2010

A New Garden

Many years ago while visiting in England, I met a woman who kept a small garden. As we talked, she described her garden as being "new," yet was also talking planting trees a decade or more ago.

So I asked, so when did you start your new garden? She replied that it was only 17 years ago. I then asked , "Well, then you must have had some other garden before?"

"O yes, but it really wasn't mine. You see my mother had started it forty years earlier, and I took care of it for another 12 years when she got old. But my new garden is mine.

So, this blog will be about another new garden, built in and around a simple 5 circuit labyrinth on the edge of a ravine with a view of the Chesapeake Bay. I will tell about its creation, the joys and losses of new plants, the struggles with drought and heavy rains, and surprises that were never intended.

I will include pictures as much as possible. The pictures are my own and are not intended for copying or reuse. If anyone wishes to use them, they are expected to respect my ownership of each photo and ask my permission before they are used.

Welcome.

No comments: